Thursday, October 21, 2010

Appreciate yourself

There are certain things in life that just give you that "fulfilled" feeling. Times were you think that it can't get any better than this. Like having a child, getting married, owning your first brand new car, or winning an award.

Times like that don't have to go by so infrequently. They don't need to only be "special occasions". What do you get up in the morning for? Why do you do what you do? Today can be the perfect day to reflect on your life, your values and goals. Personally, I am not thankful enough for the things I have or for those who love me. That is why I have to take a pause from time-to-time and appreciate the things I DO have, the satisfaction my life HAS brought. I love my family, I love my job, I am grateful for all of my possessions. In my eyes I am blessed with a great life. Sure there are things I wish I could change, nothing is perfect. But its not about perceived perfection, it is about being positive and realizing how much life you DO have and the things you DO enjoy.

Think about the things you have, the places you've been, the successes you have celebrated. Don't take what you've earned in life for granite. Give your spouse a kiss and your kids a hug, call a friend or relative just to tell them you are grateful for them. Heck, go make a piece of toast and appreciate that you have the ability to put that bread in the toaster. Take a moment...appreciate yourself! Everyday is a day to celebrate something.

Until next time,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment