Friday, October 1, 2010

Take a moment and breathe


Is this anyone else's day...rush to get this done, hurry to finish this, quickly squeeze this in, fast get to this appointment, speed to get back...anyone?

Then when you look back at the day you think this is "MADNESS"! Can you deal with the madness...of course you can. It's all in how you deal with it. If you let it consume your thoughts and actions it will weigh you down and it won't allow you to perform to your full potential. But, if you look at stress like an obstacle, and that you can "beat it" then it will make your load lighter. It's just another challenge we face everyday.

When you begin to feel this weight on your shoulders try taking a deep breath and begin to think of a few things that make you feel happy and content. Whether it's in the car by yourself, the last 10 minutes at your desk or right before bed...take a minute to yourself. Think of some of the following...

  • What have I accomplished today?
  • What am I proud of?
  • What is my reward at the end of the day?
  • When I complete my day, will I feel fulfilled?
  • The best one, remember there is always tomorrow!
Make today a great day, enjoy your weekend and those little moments that mean the world to you. Until we talk again.

Debbi

PS - I want to wish my little angel a happy 8th birthday today - oh yeah - and the brains behind MarketMatch, Bruce Clapp! Happy birthday boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment