Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sun in San Antonio...

Arrived in San Antonio for the ABA Marketing conference on Friday...had a couple of meetings on Friday that went really well!

When I landed, it was rainy and gray... I thought I was back in Ohio!  However, everyone was ecstatic that it was raining.  See, in San Antonio, they have been in a pretty serious drought and have very stringent water restrictions.  In Ohio, we have had plenty of rain and a pretty temperate summer....very few days in the 90s. 

My point is that the perspective is 180 degrees opposite even around the same issue....rain.  I was disappointed in the rain, and San Antonians were excited!

Keep this in mind when you talk with your customers.  Come from THEIR perspective in your communications, know THEIR thoughts and feelings, and ensure that you are communicating in the manner that will be best be heard by your audience!

PS...the good news is that San Antonio got their rain, and today is a sunny day for me!

Cheers!

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment