Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Think 2015

OK....

Its snowing, windy, cold, and really cold (...did I say cold?) and I am 3 days away from going to Puerto Vallarta for a much needed vacation and break!!!

So...I need to Blog for some warmth. Let's get some conversation going to stir some activity!

As I sat down in my office this morning and logged into my computer, MSN popped up with a shot of the universe, UFO and black holes. Interesting stuff! It started me thinking and BIG ideas and that led me to think about BIG ideas for banking....at least how I may see them.

Let' think big....to start, My thoughts for the year 2015:
  • Customers will have ONE universal card from their bank for access to all their funds (checking, savings, investments, mortgage, 401K, etc.) and will allow online access and activity from the card
  • The ONE device everyone will have will be a "Communicator", ala Star Trek that can communicate regardless of device with anyone and we will have a universal communications platform
  • The largest bank in the world will be a Chinese bank
  • The rest of the top 5 will be US Banks that have hybrid names of those we know now (Citi/Bank America, JP Morgan WAMU, Merrill Lynch Wachovia)
  • Community banks will continue to thrive
  • We will have MORE banks than we have today
  • Customers will STILL visit the bank, on average 3-4 times a month

Give me back your thoughts...and your ideas for 2015!

Cheers!

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment