Monday, March 3, 2008

Oprah's Big Give

Did you watch it? I did. And I cried through half of it. What an amazing idea for a reality television show. Finally, reality television reflecting the heart of the American Spirit.

The show got me thinking...as marketing professionals, why don't we do more of this? I know that we don't have Oprah's wealth, staff and resources, but if you really watched the show you know that really, she picked a few evangelists that would be willing to champion a cause and RAISE money for the cause. Oprah didn't give them money (with the exception of a small start-up purse) they had to find the resources themselves.

So here's what I am thinking. We can do that...we can so totally do that. And I don't just mean for our cause, but for everything we do. Isn't it time that we step up and become our own best product evangelist? Do you really believe in your bank, or are you just collecting a paycheck? Is this your passion or is it just your job?

For me, it's a passion. I so whole heartedly believe in MarketMatch and the value we provide to banks and credit unions all over the country that I could shout it from the mountaintops.

Do you feel the same way about what you do? THEN WHY AREN'T YOU SHOUTING???

This is what I want all of us to do...or at least start trying to do. I want you to start telling your story. The story that you believe in the most and the story of the brand in which you live.

All of your friends should know what gets you excited, how you got there and why you love it so much. This goes for your entire family too. Friends and family are the greatest support network you've got. If they know you feel strongly about something (with the exception of politics of course) aren't they usually willing to do whatever they can to support you?

My friends and family will inevitably embrace my passion. I don't give them much choice in the matter. They hear me talk about it endlessly and they find the enthusiasm is contagious. Soon they end up trying it themselves.

Wouldn't it be great if all of your friends and family fell victim to your enthusiasm? It represents a lot of opportunity and support for your passion.

Become the best evangelist you know.
Happy mountaintop shouting!
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment