Thursday, November 20, 2008

If You Don’t Look Up, You Might Just Loose Your Head.

There was a light coating of snow on the ground, the morning sun was just starting to peak through the tree limbs, I was following the soothing flow of a creek and I literally had miles of woods all to myself … and I was missing it.

I realized that, in order to not break an ankle, my eyes never left the path 4-6 feet in front of me.  I could have easily run right by a deer, coyote or hawk and never notice it because I was more concerned with the occasional rock and root in my path.

Don’t get bogged down by the rocks and roots in your day … take some time to look up and enjoy the journey.

In trail running, you need to look ahead to plan your route or you could end up doubling back to avoid a downed tree … or worse, get crowned by it.

Don’t loose your head.  Take some time to look ahead of the day-to-day “rocks and roots” to see what other obstacles or opportunities might lay ahead.   

Take care,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment